- Our lead sheets are accurate and clearly notated. View a sample lead sheet!
- The PDF files can be viewed and printed with Acrobat Reader after purchase.
- C treble clef lead sheets are also designed for all rhythm section players and often have additional rhythm section information showing piano, bass or drum accompaniment lines or figures. Circled letters (note names) as part of chord progressions are bass notes.
- For compositions that were originally recorded by a quintet (2 front line), harmony parts are occasionally included in the melody lead sheet, as long as they don't make the lead sheet too complicated.
- Separate harmony parts (2nd part) are sometimes available for either B-flat, E-flat or C bass clef instruments.
- Our lead sheets correspond to recordings available on iTunes or on other internet sources, so you can easily study the original performances. Click on the Purchase MP3 or CD link on each Song detail page and iTunes/Amazon/etc. will open to the recording.
- Click here for our notation guide. Especially helpful if you're reading our solo transcriptions.
- How to work on the site
- Quick links to our entire online catalog are always available at the top right of every page: Click on the categories under FIND LISTS BY to see and navigate to lists of everything on our site. Click on a letter of the alphabet to go to that letter's listings, then click on the title or composer you're interested in.
- Or try the View/Download PDF Catalog link at the top of every page. There you can click on song title or composer to view full details on the site. You can save the PDF listing to your computer (FILE, SAVE AS, navigate to your desktop (or other location on your computer), name the file jazzleadsheets.com catalog, SAVE. Then you can access the jazzleadsheets.com site from your own desktop by clicking on any song title or composer.
- If you have time, browse by song, composer or album. If you're browsing by song, click on the player to hear a brief excerpt of the recording. If you like the song, click on the Details box to see a description, historical details and what versions of lead sheets are available (C concert, B-flat, E-flat, C bass clef, or transcribed solo, etc.). Check the box for the versions you want, then click Add to Cart.
- If you're browsing by composer, click the View Lead Sheets button to see all songs by that composer, then click Details for the individual songs.
- If you browse by album, click View Lead Sheets to see all songs that are available from that album, then Details to get more information. Same idea, if browsing by key or style. The album browse is arranged in album title order. If you want a listing by leader, click on the button top right and select ALBUM.
- Use the Back button on the right side of the screen or the BACK button on your browser to return to the previous page.
- You can always return to the store's home page by pressing Store Home on the upper left navigation bar or the jazzleadsheets.com logo.
- I'm having trouble viewing the lead sheets I bought! What should I do?
Go here and download Adobe Reader. It will allow you to view and print the lead sheets you have purchased. You cannot view the lead sheets until you have purchased them and downloaded the files to your own computer. Please remember what directory or folder you downloaded the files to, as the download links only permit three (3) clicks.
- I can't hear the audio samples on the product pages. Help me!
Go here and download Flash. It will allow you to hear all the audio samples on this site.
- How do I rewind or fast forward the audio samples?
Click and drag the moving line of the player to the left or to the right. Release it when you have reached the desired location.
- I'm a drummer, is there anything for me here?
C treble clef lead sheets also include additional rhythm section information. Plus we have great drum transcriptions! Check out the Drum Corner.
- I added a song to the cart but now I want to remove just the B-flat part. How do I do this?
You must remove the entire song from the cart and then add it again with the correct lead sheet options.
- Is there any way to sign up for the newsletter without purchasing a lead sheet?
Of course! Just create an account by clicking on the "My Account" link in the top menu. There will be an option to subscribe on your personal account page.
- Where can I find mp3s of a song?
Click on the links Purchase Recording, Purchase CD, or Purchase MP3 on the song detail page.
- Do you keep credit card information?
No. We do not keep credit card information on our site, both for your protection and our own. We do keep your account info, to make your next purchase easier.
- Our lead sheets include credits for the original recording. The currently-available recording on iTunes or other sources can be seen by clicking Purchase Recording. If you ever need information about other releases, email us (email@example.com) and we'll try to help you out.
- For help with your order, call 212-741-1175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Second Floor Music also has a large catalog of printed publications. Visit Second Floor Music's website for detailed descriptions and audio samples of our combo and big band charts, methods and vocal and piano material. Our publications can be purchased from many online music stores and from Hal Leonard Online.